Monday 8 February 2010

The most beautiful of days....

I took my camera out early this morning, when the sun made a surprise early appearance in the valley. I knew it was going to be a beautiful day, but I am so glad I went out early, because the trees were all frozen. Every branch was coated with ice, and the looked as though they were all alight with millions of twinkling lights.

I tried to get a good photo, but it was very difficult with the sun shining. I hope you can get an idea of how lovely and magical it was!
The shadows were so beautiful. I am running out of superlatives and adjectives. Sigh.

The sky is so blue. SO blue. It never looks like this in England.....

Maybe you can get a rough idea of why I love this place so much.....

Snow, sun, shadows, trees, blue sky, mountains, family.....

Familiar places. Familar scenery. Beauty.

And paths I can manage to walk on. The caterpillar thingy had just been down the path, making the snow and ice slightly rough, so it was easy to walk.....

The sun is still shining. The sky is still blue. There will be more photos later, I have a strong feeling!

1 comment:

someone else said...

I scroll through these pictures and sigh, sigh, sigh. It's hard to drink in the beauty of them. I can't imagine what it's like to BE there.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Photos from the Rocking Chair. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator